In my youth days this building was just Oom Tommie 's restaurant and the building next door was the Tourism building. Now the Tourism building is named The Ateljee. So many things have changed but the memories is still fresh. Next to the Tourism office was also a Library.
In the early days of the Suurbraak library we would visit it almost everyday. We enjoyed reading so much. I believe it have helped me alot in my shoolwork.
Today I still love reading and writing down my thoughts. I remember I use to prepare so well for our prepared speeches on High School and I would tell myself I deserve a good mark. But usually I never got what I expected.
Still I hold on to the dream of delivering well prepared speeches. One day I will come back and deliver my best speech.
I encourage parents to motivate their children to read more. To fall in love with reading as it helps with studying and most importantly to dream.
Books give you the oppertunity to dream and visualize. So don't neglect helping children to read and dream.
I'm forever thankful for Sister Maggy who assisted me back than to join Chrysalis Academy, Tokai when she still worked at the Tourism office. She is such a lovely person. Full of grace and the love of God.
I pray that other young people come across their own Sis Maggy who forms part of the tapestry of our beautiful life stories set out by God our Father.
Seeing the young people at the Xairu Foundation Youth participating in games and having so much fun brings so much joy to my heart as my daughter can now form part of this day amongst the children of Suurbraak.
To show her where I grew up and how we enjoyed life here. She had so much fun and another memory is planted. This is long-lasting impact.
Thank you sis Maggy.
Thank you God.
Your daughter.
Chrisandy
No comments:
Post a Comment