Thursday, May 14, 2026

Who are you?

Who am I and why am I here? That is the question many of us have. Some go look for it in all the wrong places such as discos, clubs, friends that enjoys having a 'lekker tyd' and still don't know who they actually are.

Those that knows me since primary years will remember me as a very quiet girl. They called me shy and quiet. On the other hand I excelled very well on school through this quietness. Growing older and attending High School I was still regarded as the quiet and sweet one. It however have placed a expectation that I cannot do anything wrong and should not step out of line. 

Well away from home whilst staying on a Hostel during High School you some how want to experiment also because now you were out of sight. Even though you experiment with alcohol and clubbing you just somehow know that this is not for you. Still somehow you keep on going back. 

This is how patterns and cycles are formed and before you know it you are addicted without you realising it. Curiosity can lead you astray when you do not know who you are. 

Therefore it is so important to raise your children now already in the fear of the Lord and encouraging them to have a relationship with Jesus Christ from a very young age. 

I knew about Jesus, attended Sunday School, attended youth, but I was more afraid of God whenever I did something wrong and that was religion. 

God our Father is a loving God because He created us. He created us to live for Him. We are His creature and made in His image. He is the ultimate Creator and through Jesus Christ we can restore our relationship with our Creator, God.

Restored in your identity ultimately results into your purpose  being awakened. Over the years I have realised that when we move from the secret place and not making it a priority, you loose your own creativity and start to copy others. But that is not what God wants. 

He wants to meet you where you are in order to start to show you the reason He has you created you. The problem that you need to solve. 

You don't have to explore all the sinful things in the world before giving your 'Yes' to Jesus. He wants to do life with you Now. Not tomorrow maybe. 

Each one of us have a unique purpose as pre-destined by God Himself. And you can only discover it by sitting with God and prioritizing time in the secret place. Return to your first love to move out of the confusion.

The labels given to me and to you back then in our youth is not what God is saying about us. 

He made me to be bold, courageous and walking in authority of Jesus Christ.

Lets give Him our  Yes and see how He shows us mighty and great things He can do with and through you. 

I am not who the world says I am but who God had called me to be. 

1 Pet 2:9
 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a consecrated nation, a [special] people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies [the wonderful deeds and virtues and perfections] of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. 

Lets go. 
CWR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created With Purpose

We all are facing something at this moment. Good or bad. This may look like a mom on a dying bed, a daughter being attacked by t...