Do you know people who you regard as bridge builders in your life?
People that are in your life that help you at the cost of their own time. People that goes an extra mile for you. People that will give their last because of you. People who are happy when they can lend a hand in need even if they are left with nothing.
This is the type of people I would call bridge builders on my journey of life. They were the ones who saw potential when others saw only a dead street. They saw an oppertunity to invest when others saw a lost case.
The bridge builders in my life were the teachers in primary school who inspired me into being the best even if it was tough at home. They saw something and planted seeds that made me realise I can be whatever I choose to be.
Yes, there were potholes along the road but still light came through even if it was only a glimpse. The glimpse of a family friend who lend a helping hand by offering a taxi fare to go for that life-changing interview, became another bridge builder.
The pastor and family who offer you a sleeping place for the night whilst preparing for the interview the next day. The very same people who take you to the interview and spend their entire day away from their daily obligations. I call them also bridge builders.
As you embark on the new journey of working and starting to get your own money , you are overwhelmed with the amount of money you get. Never did you think you would be able to have your own pocket money.
Especially when you think back of how you would walk to town during hostel off-days receiving no pocket money. This was because there were not always to give and you would walk back empty handed.
During this times I came across bridge builders once more. Roomies who would share there pocket money. Its the little things that make you treasure the big things in life.
One can not emphasise enough how extremely thankful I am for everything that I had gone through. So many bad, sad, unhappy, fearful, shameful, regretful days were there but when I remember all the bridge builders that came along ,it replaces all the negative experiences.
How can you thank all these people? Are they aware of the footprints they left?.
Old school friends who made history with you. Primary teachers, Highschool teachers, family, family friends, neighbours, strangers, youth leaders, pastors, all played a part who I am.
Nobody is an island.
We all need someone. We all have a part to play in the upbringing of a new born baby in any society.
These are just some of the many bridge builders which made me realise how everyone has a obligation to plant a seed in someone's life.
A tree is known by its fruit. Good or bad . A tree is meant to bring forth fruit. A tree has his seed within his fruit.
What type of fruit are you? Good or bad? What seed are you planting? Seed to develop or seed to downgrade?
Choose to be a tree that brings forth good fruit and sowing seed that grow for greatness.
Become a bridge builder for someone today.
You can be a helping hand just where you are. Look around you. Someone need just a push into the next oppertunity.
Together we can grow .
CWR
No comments:
Post a Comment