Friday, November 24, 2023

Oom Buck se kind


I am so proud of myself. Maybe that sounds prideful but if you knew my story you would also be. I will leave that tale for another day. For now it's about my Dad. I am the the first born of oom (Buck) Aubrey. 

I am proud to be the daughter of oom Buck as everyone in my town knows him. He is oom Buck who worked on the sea. He brought fish from far and he will sell it to the community as part of his income and reward. Eventhough most of the times it will be given to friends, families, neighbors or strangers for free. That is the type of man he is. He has a heart of giving. He likes to say, 'gee vir die mense Sintie'and than if my mom takes too long will give it himself.

I celebrate my father today not because it is his birthday or father's day but because I took the time to really see who he is, what he invested in me, what he sacrificed, what he still try to do and where he comes from. Yes I may not have all the answers yet but I'm excited to discover more and more.

I realise he had his own struggles and still he pushed through to give us a good life! He also made sure we  were clothed, fed and taken care of.  That is something we can really be proud of. We never went hungry to bed. We never did not have christmas clothes. In fact he will make sure he also has his own Christmas clothes. 

This makes me realise even more that my dad is human. He has challenges, difficulties and struggle with it but that does not make him any less human. Sometimes we are so busy looking on the surface that we miss the foundations. He likes saying that there can never be two captains on a ship. One must get off. Meaning if you are in an argument with someone, one need to submit to the other or be the better one. In our house it simply meant he is the captain and we must obey. That is how it must be. Obeying our parents can take us far.

" Honor your father and your mother so that you may have a long life in the land that the Lord your God is giving you". Exodus 20:12

I dream of spending more precious time with him, to allow him to enjoy the fruit of his hard labor over these years. May I be granted the oppertunity by God's grace to invest into his life with love, grace and mercy so that we grow together into the things the Lord wants us to see and to discover whilst pursuing His will.

Oom Buck se kind wat in die scheme bly is trots op haar Daddy en noem hom haar Pa!

Sandy

1 comment:

Created With Purpose

We all are facing something at this moment. Good or bad. This may look like a mom on a dying bed, a daughter being attacked by t...