Sunday, June 28, 2020

Future self

Dear future self

I have no idea where I will be in 5 years from now. Do you perhaps know?

What I really do want is to look back at this post knowing I never gave up on believing , dreaming, striving and becoming better in everything I do. As I am laying here in bed on a Sunday afternoon ,taking our usual Sunday afternoon nap, there are so many things going through my mind. 

I am reminded of my growing up years. It is as if I am digging into memories I cant remember so good anymore. My aim however is to put the puzzle together. From where I have started until now. How life really become what we make of it.

How every dream we have fall into place once we start to chase it down. The effort we make to accomplish it regardless of all the obstacles and hardships. I am so grateful for all the naysayers , all the impossibilities,  all the negative circumstances I had to endure. It made me more determined to try again. 

I tried so many things to get a work . The multiple job applications I completed . The interviews that I missed because of transport. The jobs that I thought I would get but never did. 

I thank my Heavenly Father for a bright future I can look forward too. I am really not longing to have more things because what I have now is so much mpre precious. I have a beautiful family. A wonderful husband, a handsome son and a bright little girl. What more can I ask for? 

To my future self I want to say" Well done"! You went after what you wanted. There were times you thought it is impossible. But you did it. That dream, that desire that has been placed in your heart , you got it now!!

I mean there were a time in my life when I thought I would not get married. I said no its not possible because our family does not do weddings.  But God made it possible. What are you telling your future self?

Im excited of what the future holds for me. I am not allowing my past to hold me back anymore.  I am tired of comparing myself with others and I am focusing on my journey from now on. Yes , i am unique and I a have assignment to complete on my own. It is set out for me and me alone and no one else can walk it out for me. 

Its time to look at that future self and start to like him or her!!. Life is so precious and to be able to breathe at this very moment is a miracle. Many people did not see the day because of sickness, hunger , fear for the future and gave up on life. Dont let the pandemic put fear in your heart. This too shall pass. 

Start to focus on your magnificent future self. In 5years be the person you said you want to become. Celebrate small victories along the way and never stop learning and becoming better an better in what you do.

Maybe you feek stuck in what you are doing right now buy what about what you can do about it. Why dont you change the way you look at it. There must be a reason why you are doing what you are doing. Dig deeper in yourself for what you were called to do. 

Find the real you and excel in it!!. The joy of the Lord is our strenght so know that life outside God is not going to be so fruitful at all. We think we can depend on our own strength but it all is beacsue of God. He is in control of our lives and He allows things in our lives to work out for the good. 

Hello future self !! I love you, I celebrate you, you are awesome, you are a star, you are unique and I like your effort to impact. 

Have a beautiful next 5 years of your life. I salute you!!!

CWR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created With Purpose

We all are facing something at this moment. Good or bad. This may look like a mom on a dying bed, a daughter being attacked by t...